Friday, December 09, 2005

 

Brokeback Mountain


Brokeback Mountain
Originally uploaded by metla.
Well, the reviews are out and the word is good, so let me just say GO SEE THIS MOVIE! It's not about two guys having sex, it's about love. It's why I responded to "Urbania" so strongly - it's a purely universal love story. And let's just give Heath Ledger the Oscar right now - wow, he quietly steals the movie. Jake Gyllenhaal's part is flashier, and he does a fantastic job too. But Ledger's performance as Ennis puts him in another league of actor. This is hands down my favorite film of the year, and my favorite for the Oscars. What will the rest of America think.....?

Comments:
Can you believe it opened in one little podunk movie theater here in SF? I hear there were near riots to get in...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?