Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

DGA Awards


Once a year, the DGA brings the nominated directors to speak about the craft. Yesterday, I got to see Ang Lee, Steven Spielberg, Bennett Miller, Paul Haggis, and George Clooney speak about directing. Goerge saved Bennett when the crowd gave him a hard time for shooting "Capote" in Canada. Paul Haggis cursed a lot, but I'm not sure why. The moderator lavished attention on Spielberg. And I was a George Clooney fan before, but now more than ever when he said he circumvented the maddening insurance process by telling the bond company "Fuck you, I'm rich!" I love that guy. Also Ang Lee, when asked what the theme of his film is, said "The theme of my movie is don't beat up gay guys."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?