Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Guest Blogger - Jackie

More tidbits from Korea:

Well I survived the Golf Day. I lived in terror of it, but really it wasn't so bad. The golf course was amazing, very challenging, and there were quite a good number of hills, so I think it kind of tired everyone out and they weren't able to drink as much as usual at the end of the day. In addition to that we had dinner at a very nice Japanese restaurant and we ordered sake, which customarily comes in a very tiny bottle with eensy little cups. It becomes exhausting after awhile, constantly refilling these thimble-sized cups. And after 6 bottles of sake, no one was very drunk. It was a historic first.

My next big event is a dinner party that I will be hosting here at my grandparents' home. I had an informal gathering here last week with a few of the kids from our ill-fated show, just sort of pizza and beer, but then word got around and the director and producer of the show were like, Gee, that sounded like it was fun... how come you didn't invite us? So then I invited them for Monday night. I was going to be casual with it, but then somehow more and more people got invited - most of whom I've never met - and now it is a full-on Korean BBQ with chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, and probably a nervous breakdown in the kitchen.

They've invited some of the Korean cast members, one of whom is a very famous Korean actress. And all of them are bringing spouses and children. Clearly, the whole thing is completely out of hand. I've decided that the key to the successful party is lots of appetizers and lots of alcohol. So we are planning on doing strawberry margaritas, which is very exotic for Seoul, Korea, and lots of finger food. Just as a side note: a bottle of the small Jose Cuervo is $31 bucks here! Can you believe? And Jose is all they carry, rotsa ruck finding a bottle of Patron!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?