Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Get Behind Me Satan


If I was a teenager, I'd lock myself in my room and listen to the new White Stripes album over and over and over again. I'd think, this stuff is telling me about life, about love, about sex, about a dangerous world with a kick-ass soundtrack. The songs would be in the car with my girlfriends on the way to a party that's only fun in your imagination, the music would be in my head as I stare at my senior crush walk down the hall on the way to class.
Well, I'm all grown up and I can't get enough of this album. The songs are urgent, beautiful, and completely addictive. I was never really into the White Stripes, but something about the single "The Denial Twist" that I heard on the radio made me get the album. And wow, it blew me away. "My Doorbell" is the tune that rocks the most, while "Forever For Her" is the most poignent.
Get this album (and I do say album - it's a 70's throwback with a modern spin)!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?