Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

What Has Our Society Come to...

Oh, Michael Bay. You're finally getting what's due to you. And not a moment too soon.

Let me tell you a little story about "March of the Penguins". I made my plans for Sundance a little late this year, so I was kinda screwed when it came to buying screening tickets. By the time I called the box office, there was little hope for me. I got a crusty old lady on the phone who hemmed and hawed for a few minutes, then uttered the following: "Well, I tell you dear, I have one film available for that weekend. It's the only thing left. No one wants to see it It's about penguins!" I didn't hesitate - I bought the tickets. So my first screening when I arrived at Sundance on Friday was a little film called "The Emperor's Journey". The narration was still in French and the music was different. But it touched the hell out of me, and I cried through it. The audience of jaded Industry people seemed genuinely touched. I'm so glad "March of the Penguins" found an audience this summer and became the protest statement against crap like "The Island", "Stealth", and "Fantastic Four".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?