Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

Another Night at the GRT

That's the Radisson Chennai to those of you not intimately familiar with this city. It's a fine hotel - good breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, and a guy dressed as a maharajah opening the lobby door for me. But the weak link is the TV. There's only 4 English language channels: BBC News, Travel & Living, HBO, and StarTV. Except this is some JV version of HBO that thinks "Ghost Ship" is a recent release. And it has commercials - what a load of bunk! After I've gotten through an entire day that exists exactly when I'm normally asleep, the last movie that's fun to watch is "The Tuxedo". Geesh, how about some movies on demand?
But if I wanted to watch Indian serials 24/7, jackpot! These shows make "Guiding Light" look like "Saving Private Ryan". I tried to watch a local news channel but from what I could gather the report was about a policeman being hacked to death by townspeople in the jungle. And we're in between seasons of "Indian Idol", damn.
I guess I have to go read a book.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?