Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Nine Inch Nails


Nine_Inch_Nails_With_Teeth
Originally uploaded by metla.
Even though I was in a dazed state of jet lag, I agreed to go with Kyle to the Nine Inch Nails concert Saturday night at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm not a big fan, but enjoy the occasional song. I'm also not a huge concert lover - crowded, smokey, beer smelling places are just not my scene anymore. But this proved to be excellent thrapy for my jet lag and we had a blast. The funniest part had to be right before the show started. We hear a wierd noise to our right and turn to see the guy 2 people away from us puking his guts out. Mind you, the concert hasn't even started yet. He puked all over his feet and a bit into the row ahead of him. He then spent the concert in a drug and/or alcohol filled daze, although sometimes he would flail around like he was having a seizure. A few times he kinda passed out, folded on the seat in front of him. I really thought the 2 punk rockers seated in front of him were going to smack him at some point, but everyone just laughed at him. I give the 3 women with him medals of honor for babysitting him, he was a real pain in the ass.
And the concert? It was fantastic. The band has so much energy and power, plus, they bash up the stage. That alone is entertainment. I love the Hollywood Bowl because of the curfew - by 11pm sharp the band was off the stage. I do not, however, like Hollywood on a Saturday night. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get home, and we live 15 minutes away. I never realized how many hipsters drive around Hollywood looking for a good time. Plus, there was some foul garbage & smoke smell in air that permeated the entire neighborhood.

Comments:
I saw NIN back in high school at the local club in Palo Alto with my friend Judy. We thought we were so rad - decked out in our finest black garb. There was this guy at the show that looked and dressed like John Denver. He was making eyes at us and kind of, well, bopping to the music. We were on the floor - he just looked so out of place among the suburban teenage punks.

It was a great show. I remember it fondly.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?